The Ultimate Guide to Everything Indie
I couldn't come up with anything to write about but decided it's probably time to put together another post, so I chose the one topic I know best: me!
I am exceptionally basic. A Jill of all trades, if you will. Nothing stands out about me, except I'm told I have a very high IQ. Yeah, OK. Spend 5 minutes on Mastodon and tell me I'm smart. Anyway...
- The Godfather - give me a young Al Pacino any day. Such an amazing actor put in a brilliant script.
- Princess Bride - Heroes. Giants. Villains. Wizards. True Love. - Not just your basic, average, everyday, ordinary, run-of-the-mill, ho-hum fairy tale. (That's actually a movie tag line.)
- The Spitfire Grill - an underrated tear-jerking drama with just enough Ellen Burstyn to make it amazing.
- Lost In Translation - Bill Murray in Japan? What could be better?
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - I love movies that mess with your head, and the fluidity of the timeline in this one hits just the right spot.
- Tombstone - Val Kilmer's performance as Doc Holliday in this epic should garner him remembrance for all time in Hollywood.
- The Office - I've only watched the entire series a bazillion times.
- Gilmore Girls - a perfect brainless chick show.
- The Haunting of Hill House - I think this will also hit the "bazillion times watched" mark as well. Perfectly disturbing.
- The Walking Dead - well, most of it anyway. The past few seasons have been garbage, but Negan is my man.
- The Good Place - surprisingly, this show actually made me think. And I'm not sure that's was its intent at all.
- The Umbrella Academy - if you don't fall in love with Klaus in the first five minutes of the show, you're dead inside.
- Judah & The Lion - I only recently discovered this band but I adore their folky sound with the banjos and the mandolins.
- Dermot Kennedy - his voice is so raw and powerful. It makes me weak in the knees.
- The HU - they are the perfect blend of melody and grunge (not to be confused with the grunge that came out of the PNW.)
- NF - the anger that bleeds out of his music hits me right where it counts.
- Lowercase Noises - mostly instrumental but it's everything I need when I need it if that makes sense.
Games (not current, but kind of):
- Call of Duty 4 - I loved shanking a bitch and noob-tubing to annoy the bejeezus out of people.
- Warcraft III - hiding my tree of life in the forest and mass-producing wisps was my idea of an amazing time.
- Diablo II - my very first computer-based RPG.
- Animal Crossings: New Horizons - stupidly addictive Switch game.
- Potatoes - I love them every way but scalloped. They are, without a doubt, my favourite food.
- Pizza - the more cheese, the merrier.
- Hard-boiled eggs - don't ask me why, they're just kinda my jam these days.
- Steak - rare steak, really, the rarer the better. I'd probably eat it raw.
What's the one thing you would like to change about yourself?
My brain's ability to overthink everything I've ever said, thought, or done in my life.
Are you religious or spiritual?
I'd consider myself both. I'm a Christian - albeit not a good one, but I believe there are religious and spiritual aspects to every part of life.
Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
I am 100% an introvert, to the point where I could live in the wilderness on my own and never feel a twinge of regret about it.
Are you more into looks or brains?
Both. Looks without intelligence are empty, and intelligence without attraction is friendship.
What's the one thing that people always misunderstand about you?
They assume that because I'm female, I'm prone to be tender and emotional, but I'm more apt to be cold and callous.
That's about all I want to share today.
Created by Indie Larsdatter - Go Home - Top